Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction
- 2 What is the AromaTouch Technique?
- 3 Why Should You Use The AromaTouch Technique?
- 4 Testimonials
- 5 The Theory Behind the AromaTouch Technique
- 6 Essential Oils Used in the AromaTouch Technique
- 7 AromaTouch Technique Movements and Procedure
- 8 Become Certified to give an AromaTouch Technique
- 9 Download the Unofficial AromaTouch Technique Reference Sheet
- 10 Want Jade to come to your area?
- 11 Questions and Answers
The AromaTouch Technique gives you the power to heal in your fingertips. It is a…
- Simple, yet powerful, way to apply essential oils and stimulate and support immunity, inflammatory response, homeostasis, and stress management
- Easy to learn yet taps into the energy meridians and visceral contact points along the back and feet
- Empowers you with an effective skill to help anyone who is sick, stressed, troubled, or unbalanced
What is the AromaTouch Technique?
The dōTERRA ArōmaTouch Technique is a clinical approach to applying essential oils along energy meridians and visceral contact points of the back and feet to help balance sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems of the body.
Developed by Dr. David Hill, a leading expert in integrative medicine and therapeutic applications of essential oils, the ArōmaTouch Technique improves well-being by reducing physical and emotional stressors and by supporting healthy autonomic function.
The technique is simple and intuitive and uses dōTERRA CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® essential oils for an unparalleled grounding experience.
Why Should You Use The AromaTouch Technique?
Different factors that we face in our daily life can have an impact on our overall well-being. When dealing with a child who needs individual care, a friend frustrated with school, a spouse with stress from work, or a teenager worn out from a sporting practice, the AromaTouch can help.
This technique has multiple benefits from the eight specific oils used in combination with human touch. No matter what situation comes, you can feel empowered knowing there will always be the AromaTouch Technique.
Here’s what people are saying about the AromaTouch Technique:
Birgit – Deneliquin, Australia
Great training performed by the best teacher. Your family and friends will love you forever if you do the training and they get the benefit of an AromaTouch.
Carin – Albury, Australia
The AromaTouch is amazing. Two of my clients got one. Client number 1 has said they would never have a relaxation massage again as they loved the AromaTouch.
Client 2 blew me away. Client 2 said it was complete serenity. They felt more at peace looking out over the world than they ever had before. They said they truly believed they were on top of a hill looking out over a valley everything else around them disappeared. I love the AromaTouch. It allows me to connect with people in a way no one else can. If you have the opportunity to get one, do. And if you have the opportunity to learn how to do it, please take it. Jade Balden will be teaching the AromaTouch soon. Book in and learn the technique it is very powerful.
Lucy – ACT, Australia
The AromaTouch Technique is so powerful yet so simple anyone can do it. It is such a great tool to have to help our families and friends. I really enjoyed the training and would encourage others to do it. I need my husband to do it now so I can enjoy the benefits. What I love is I can enjoy the oil experience every time I use the technique.
Marissa – Florida, USA
I love AromaTouch Technique! Being able to use this powerful skill has been such a blessing to not only my friends and family, but especially to me. Every time I give a massage, the person I massage and I both benefit from the oils and the positive energy. I love being able to help others realize they can be in control of their health with natural solutions. I have even done a modified version on my 1 and 3 year old daughters-they love the oils! I highly recommend getting certified.
Rebekah – Lavington, Australia
Be certified for the AromaTouch Technique if you possibly can – my husband and I were certified with Jade last year and it was the best thing we could have done for our family. It has, without doubt, become my favorite way of using the oils and my kids just love it too!
Tabatha – Finley, Australia
The AromaTouch Technique introduced my family, friends and I to a gentle and caring way to manage and balance our health, stress, inflammation and immune system. What I didn’t know was the benefits we would feel for our overall health and wellbeing. This training allows you to share the gift of health and wellbeing with the people you love and care for in the comfort of your own home. I recommend this to everyone!
The Theory Behind the AromaTouch Technique
The ArōmaTouch Technique includes four primary steps designed to minimize systematic stressors to autonomic balance. Each step includes the application of two essential oils or essential oil blends specifically formulated to support healthy emotional and physiological functions for well-being. The technique requires 40 minutes per application, and multiple applications can be serviced with one set of dōTERRA essential oils.
Dr David Hill designed the technique for:
- stress management,
- immune support,
- inflammatory response,
- homeostasis, and
- lymphatic movement.
Essential Oils Used in the AromaTouch Technique
What are essential oils?
If you have ever enjoyed the scent of a rose, you’ve experienced the aromatic qualities of essential oils. These naturally occurring, volatile aromatic compounds are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants.
They can be both beautifully and powerfully fragrant. Essential oils give plants their distinctive smells, protect plants, and play a role in plant pollination.
Why dōTERRA CPTG Oils?
Each dōTERRA essential oil is also carefully and thoroughly tested using the strict CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade® quality protocol.
The purity of the essential oil is ensured through systematic growing and harvesting of the essential oils and the thorough testing and quality control process.
The potency of the essential oil is ensured through painstakingly sourcing essential oils from the best growing locations throughout the world. Oils grown in the right soil under the right climatic conditions produce the most therapeutically potent essential oils.
The technique uses 8 oils:
- Balance (The grounding blend)
- On Guard (The protective blend)
- AromaTouch (The massage blend)
- Deep Blue (The soothing blend)
- Wild Orange
. . .
Balance® essential oil blend creates a sense of calmness and well-being. Starting the AromaTouch with this oil creates a great initial bond between the giver and the receiver.
Ingredients: Spruce, Ho Wood, Frankincense, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, and Fractionated Coconut Oil
Lavender essential oil has been cherished for its unmistakable aroma and calming properties for thousands of years. Due to its soothing nature, it is used in the AromaTouch to promote relaxation.Get Your Lavender Here Join Now & Save 25%
More commonly called “tea tree,” Melaleuca has 90 different compounds and limitless applications. Melaleuca is an essential part of the AromaTouch Technique for its cleansing effects.Get Your Melaleuca Here Join Now & Save 25%
On Guard® offers fragrant and effective cleansing properties. Because of these properties, it is used in the AromaTouch Technique.
Ingredients: Wild Orange, Clove Bud, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus, and RosemaryGet On Guard Here Join Now & Save 25%
AromaTouch® essential oil blend combines the benefits of oils well known for calming and relaxing effects. The AromaTouch blend is used in the AromaTouch Technique because of its soothing sensation.
Ingredients: Basil, Grapefruit, Cypress, Marjoram, Peppermint, and LavenderGet Your AromaTouch Here Join Now & Save 25%
Deep Blue® essential oil blend has an immediate tingling and warming effect. Because of this and its aromatic properties, it was chosen to be a part of the AromaTouch Technique.
Ingredients: Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Blue Tansy, German Chamomile, Helichrysm, and OsmanthusGet Your Deep Blue Here Join Now & Save 25%
Peppermint, a well-loved oil, provides a myriad of health benefits. Peppermint essential oil is used in the AromaTouch Technique for its invigorating and energy-promoting qualities.”Get Your Peppermint Here Join Now & Save 25%
Cold pressed from the peel, Wild Orange essential oil releases an energizing, citrusy aroma. We use Wild Orange in the AromaTouch Technique because of its ability to energize and revitalize.Get Your Wild Orange Here Join Now & Save 25%
AromaTouch Technique Movements and Procedure
Receive guided instruction and hands-on practice as you learn the different AromaTouch movements. These movements draw upon ancient Chinese medicine, energy meridians, visceral contact points, and other energetic and physical body systems. Work is done on the back and the feet. These various movements balance the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems of the body.
There are 11 techniques:
- Applying the oils
- Palm circles
- Slide and hold palms
- Alternating palm slide
- Five-zone activation
- Auricular stress reduction
- Thumb walk tissue pull
- Feet – massage 3 regions
- Feet – 5 zone activation
- Feet – 5 zone tissue pull
- Lymphatic movement
Become Certified to give an AromaTouch Technique
Many years ago, I experienced first-hand the powerful healing and balancing benefits of the AromaTouch Technique. Trained by Dr. David Hill, himself, I set out to share this amazing technique with friends and family. Within a few years and after sharing with hundreds of women, I became one of Australia’s first Certified AromaTouch Technique Instructors and Certifiers. I have now taught the technique to thousands of women in many different countries.
I would love for your to join me at one of these training events.
Included in Training
Full Day of Training
The day begins at 9:00am as everyone arrives and is registered. You then receive a couple hours of instruction, theory, and demonstration. After a lunch break around 12:30pm, you have the chance for practical application as you observe, give, and receive an AromaTouch. We end the day with the AromaTouch Hand Massage training. We should be all done by 5:00pm.
8 CPTG Essential Oils
You will receive 8 High Grade Essential Oils (5mL each). Each oil or oil blend has a special part in the AromaTouch Technique (read more above). Your kit does not include Fractionated Coconut Oil.
Complete Training Manual
All the training and instructions you receive during the training is outlined in this comprehensive training manual, perfect for revision and refreshing your memory. The instructor will also give you a link to access a online video demonstration.
Things To Bring
My Recommended Massage Table:
A Typical Training Schedule
- Approximately two and a half hours of instruction and demonstration, meal break, and approximately four hours of hands-on technical application with three rotations.
- Each participant will (1) Give an AromaTouch, (2) Receive an AromaTouch, and (3) Help facilitate the third at their table.
- Plan on a minimum of six hours to complete your training.
- There will be approximately 45 minutes for lunch. You may bring your own or leave and get something from the surrounding area.
After you have completed the training, you are encouraged to perform a minimum of three AromaTouch Techniques to practice what you have learned. You can email your completed worksheet to me.
You will receive your official Certificate of Completion from dōTERRA directly. If you are in the US, you will receive the certificate in the mail within 6-8 weeks. Outside the US, the Certificate is in PDF form, so you can print as many copies as you wish, which is a much better option for those wishing to frame it in their home or practice.
Download the Unofficial AromaTouch Technique Reference Sheet
Download: Unofficial AromaTouch Reference Sheet
You will receive one of these with your training.
Want Jade to come to your area?
If you and some friends want to organize an AromaTouch Certification & Training event in your area, Jade is happy to come out and train. Simply contact Jade at firstname.lastname@example.org for times and details. Below are some requirements.
What you need:
- You need 30 people to commit and register for the training.
- Venue (We are happy to pay for the rental if needed. Preferably $200 or less)
- For a check list of other requirements, click here.
While visiting your area, it is optional but Jade is prefers to also do Essential Oil & Wellness training, dōTERRA business training and Essential Oil of the Bible Class.
Questions and Answers
- Q: What is the AromaTouch Technique?
- A: The AromaTouch technique is an essential oil application applied to the back and the feet to create a feeling of overall wellness.
- Q: What oils are used in the AromaTouch Technique?
- A: In order: dōTERRA Balance®, Lavender, Melaleuca, dōTERRA On Guard®, AromaTouch®, Deep Blue®, Wild Orange, and Peppermint.
- Q: How long does each AromaTouch session take?
- A: Depending on the pace someone takes to complete each step, an AromaTouch usually takes 40 minutes to an hour to perform.
- Q: How can the AromaTouch be performed on a pregnant woman?
- A: During pregnancy, women can have a hard time lying on their stomachs as they normally would when receiving the AromaTouch Technique. An alternative to laying on the stomach would be to choose a side to lay on. The person giving the technique will still be able to perform the technique properly with some slight adjustments in positioning. If laying on the side will not be comfortable enough, they can choose to sit in a chair facing the back. Instead of working on the feet, the giver would perform the foot portion of the technique on the hands; however, we always recommend consulting with their physician.
- Q: If someone is sensitive to an oil in the AromaTouch, can the oil be substituted for another oil?
- A: Substituting an oil in the AromaTouch could cause an alteration in the aroma that is created when the eight oils are used. Instead, completely omit the oil that the recipient is sensitive to and continue with the AromaTouch as if you had still applied the oil.
- Q: Do I need a massage table to perform the AromaTouch Technique?
- A: A massage table allows you the most accessibility to the recipient you are performing the AromaTouch on.
- Q: How often can a person receive the AromaTouch Technique?
- A: Each individual receiving the AromaTouch can have a different response to this technique. Since this is the case, we suggest that an individual should only receive one AromaTouch per day.
- Q: Should I use Fractionated Coconut Oil when performing the AromaTouch? If so, how much?
- A: You should only apply Fractionated Coconut Oil to the skin during the AromaTouch if you are seeing any irritation. You should apply 3-5 drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil along the spine with the next oil step to help dilute the oils already on the skin as well as the oils that will be added.