Table of Contents
- 1 Hormone Imbalance Concern
- 2 Support Hormone Balancing
- 2.1 Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex
- 2.2 ClaryCalm™
- 2.3 Lifetime Hormone Balance
- 2.4 Lifetime Bone Health – Bone Nutrient Lifetime Complex
- 2.5 Women’s Health Kit
- 2.6 Whisper™ Blend For Women
- 2.7 Healthy Daily Routine – Get Great Sleep
- 2.8 Healthy Daily Routine – Nourish the body
- 2.9 Healthy Daily Routine – Cleanse the body daily with citrus oils
- 2.10 Cleanse & Restore
- 3 Managing Moods and Emotions
Hormone Imbalance Concern
I find it easier to see the body as intelligent and ever ready to heal and get back to balance. Our body truly knows what it is doing given the right circumstances. In my research and observation, I learned that when our cells are clean and healthy it communicates well and balances our body perfectly. When we are ‘sick’ or ‘diseased’ it is a sign that something isn’t balanced.
There are many ways to help our body reach ‘a balanced state’. We must balance at all levels. We nutritionally, electrically, emotionally, and chemically. Our cells have receptors. These receptors are constantly scanning and looking for information to balance the body.
Toxins blocking cell receptors can disrupt communications & cause hormonal imbalances.
Signs of Hormonal Imbalance
Society focuses on the symptoms and short-term managing of symptoms. These symptoms will resolve themselves permanently when we see symptoms as clues of a root problem. Here are signs or clues of hormonal imbalance.
UTI-urinary tract infections
|Bone loss & aches
Poor sleep patterns
Irregular & uncomfortable periods
Over breast stimulation
Excessive fat deposits on thighs & buttocks
Xenoestrogens are synthetic compounds that mimic natural estrogens in the body causing overstimulation of normal body functions.
Xenoestrogens is like natural estrogen on steroids. It causes our body to send unintended signals causing our body to malfunction and become imbalanced. Xenoestrogens are very prevalent in our foods and daily life causing BIG problems in our health. There have been research linking xenoestrogens & other endocrine distruptors to breast cancers, prostate cancer, endometriosis, bone issues, thyroid cancer and other incarnations of these health concerns.123
Factory farmed animals
Soy in food
Support Hormone Balancing
dōTERRA provides several products to help support the body to balance hormones and maintain good health.
Phytoestrogen Lifetime Complex
- dōTERRA produces a herbal complex to help balance the effects of xenoestrogens in our environment.
- This is made from plant-based estrogens which are very similar to human estrogens.
- It contains non-GMO Soy, Flax, and Pomegranate extracts.
- Take daily for best results.
- There are additional benefits to taking the Phytoestrogen Complex:
- Balances and supports normal hormone levels
- Gently supports a women through her menstrual cycle
- Helps to diminish the normal symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes and night sweats
- Helps to support healthy bones, heart, and breast tissue
- Formulated to provide powerful antioxidant support
- ClaryCalm is a blend of essential oils that complements the Phytoestrogen Complex. It assists with some of the same needs.
- During your menstrual cycle, apply to the abdomen to experience a soothing and calming massage.
- During moments of heat, apply to the skin for a cooling, soothing effect.
- Diffuse for a calming aroma that helps soothe heightened emotions. This is a blend of some wonderful essential oils usually popular among women
- During your menstrual cycle, apply to the abdomen to experience a soothing and calming massage.
- This is a wonderfully powerful essential oil blend for women and girls. Some men also use ClaryCalm because it helps balance moods and emotions.
- And importantly, it helps reduce discomforts associated with the hormone imbalance discussed earlier. This is yet another tool to help you bring your body back to homeostasis (or balance).
Clary Sage Flower, Lavender Flower, Bergamot Peel, Roman Chamomile Flower, Cedarwood Wood, Ylang Ylang Flower, Geranium Plant, Fennel Seed, Carrot Seed, Palmarosa Herb, and Vitex Leaf/Berry essential oils.
Lifetime Hormone Balance
- Balancing your hormones is a different situation at different times of your life. For example, during the teenage years, teens can experience unpredictable changes in hormone levels. They would benefit from ClaryCalm.
- Later in life, such as when women reach menopause, you can again experience unpredictable changes in hormone levels. These natural fluctuations are manifested in symptoms such as hot-flashes and irritability. However, these natural fluctuations are exaggerated by the introduction of foreign chemicals like xenoestrogens to our system.
- The xenoestrogens causes hormone levels to fluctuate too much causing a lot of unnecessary discomfort. Usually at this time, some people turn to HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy) which is pure xenoestrogen! The side effects of these additional xenoestrogens are experienced in other areas of the body and can further throw the body into imbalance.
- With the Pytogestrogen Complex and the ClaryCalm blend, we can assist the body to restore balance again reducing the discomfort and the need for medical intervention.
- Learn more about hormone balancing here.
Lifetime Bone Health – Bone Nutrient Lifetime Complex
- Progesterone is another hormone our body uses to communicate, scan, and adjust our body’s needs.
- Progesterone and estrogen levels are always directly inverse of each other. When one is high the other one is low.
- The progesterone and estrogen levels fluctuate from moment to moment. When the fluctuation levels are not regular, we have “an imbalance situation.”
- This imbalance can be the cause of many ailments. One common ailment caused by this imbalance is calcium deficiency. Calcium deficiencies can lead to bone density issues or to osteoporosis.
- When the estrogen levels in our body are high, our body is not in a “calcium absorbing mode”. Inversely, when the progesertone levels are high, our body has more of an ability to absorb calcium to assist in bone density. The normal fluctuation of these two hormones is natural and healthy.
- However, an imbalance arises when xenoestrogens are introduced to the body. Because xenoestrogens are chemically related to estrogens, the body thinks that estrogen levels are high. Our body has difficulty getting rid of xenoestrogens, which is why it is important to regularly cleanse our bodies of toxins. Otherwise our body will think that our estrogen levels are consistently high.
- If our estrogen levels remain high on a regular basis, we will have a bone density issues as we grow older.
- The high xenoestrogenic environment in the USA, Australia and Canada, is partly why there is such a high percentage of people with bone density concerns in these areas.
Provides optimal levels of bioavailable minerals and vitamins for bone health
1000 mg of Calcium
400 mg of Magnesium (100%)
Vitamin D2 & D3
dōTERRA produced the Bone Nutrient Complex to help the body re-absorb calcium into the bones.
- This is a very affordable, natural, and absorbable form of calcium.
- Bioavailability is very important. There are many foods and supplements on the market that are full of calcium, but that form of calcium is not bioavailable. Our body can only benefit from calcium it can absorb.
- Along with the calcium dosage in the bone nutrient is a dose of magnesium and other trace minerals, which are very important to maintain healthy bones. This dosage of Calcium and Magnesium is 100% of the recommended daily amount.
- Vitamin D is also a part of your bone health. Vitamin D is needed to assist in the absorption of Calcium.
- Scientists agree that adequate calcium and vitamin D throughout life, as part of a well-balanced diet, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
Women’s Health Kit
These three products: Phytoestrogen, ClaryCalm, and the Bone Nutrient can be purchased separately. However the best way to buy these is in the Woman’s Health Kit.
Whisper™ Blend For Women
Whisper is a blend of Fractionated Coconut Oil, Patchouli Leaf, Bergamot Peel, Hawaiian Sandalwood Wood, Rose Flower, Vanilla Bean Absolute, Jasmine Flower, Cinnamon Bark, Vetiver Root, Labdanum Leaf/Stem, Cocoa Seed, and Ylang Ylang Flower. It smells different on everyone. When you have placed some on your wrist, let the person next to you smell it, and smell theirs in turn. You will find that this essential oil blend has a different aroma on everyone.
- Use daily or as needed to assist in feeling more feminine
- As with every essential oil, there are a variety of uses. You can read more about this oil in Modern Essentials.
- Some men may also find Whisper helpful.
Apply to wrists, back of neck, and pulse points for a distinct and individual fragrance.
Diffuse or add to necklace pendant diffuser for a unique aromatic experience.
Healthy Daily Routine – Get Great Sleep
Getting a good night’s sleep is very important to hormone balancing.
- Make resting and sleeping a priority—Get great sleep.
- When you get great sleep, you allow your body to heal and repair. Your body and brain balances and cleanses during your sleep.
- Get into the habit of using one of or a combination of these oils to assist your body in getting the quality sleep it needs. You function better and life appears better in every way when you wake refreshed.
- Balance & Lavender: mix & rub across forehead, ears, back of neck
- Vetiver: rub on bottom of big toes
- Juniper berry: rub on tummy before bed
- Cedarwood oil: rub on bottom of big toes
- Serenity (Lavender Peace), Lavender, Balance (diffuse as you begin sleeping)
- Note: Lavender Peace is called Serenity in the USA.
Healthy Daily Routine – Nourish the body
The second thing you can to to help your body restore balance is to nourish it.
- Feed your body with nutrients daily.
- Eat quality foods.
- Supplement your diet with supplements. We suggest you buy your supplements on LRP to save up to 50% off retail cost.
- We discuss more about the supplements in the Cleanse and Restore Class, the 3rd Wellness Product Class.
- When your cells are fed with all the essential nutrients they need, your body will heal and function as it should with vitality!
Healthy Daily Routine – Cleanse the body daily with citrus oils
- Third, cleanse your body of toxins that have built up over time.
- The simplest way to do this is to drink citrus essential oils. Citrus oils help rid the body of toxins especially petrochemicals.
- Get into the habit of drinking a few drops of citrus oils in your water daily. It is a gentle daily detox, cleansing your gut, boosting immunity and digestion. Use citrus essential oils in glass (as opposed to plastic containers). This is a great habit for the whole family.
- Citrus Oils Dissolve Petro-Chemicals
- Citrus essential oils help break down foreign petrochemicals in the body, too. They also helps you eliminate xenoestrogens in your cells.
- Essential oils also unblock your cells’ receptor sites, which then helps your receptors function optimally. This allows the brain to continue to scan and adjust for better connections and communications.
- Therefore daily application of essential oils can help your body restore balance.
Although citrus essential oils dissolve petrochemicals, they are not only safe, but also beneficial to ingest. Remember that most citrus essential oils are cold pressed from the rind, so drinking citrus juices will not have the same benefits. Moreover essential oils are concentrated. An example of concentration is one drop of Peppermint essential oil is equal to 28 cups of Peppermint tea. How many cups of lemon juice do you think you would need to drink to get the effect of one drop of Lemon essential oil?
Cleanse & Restore
- As we discussed in Class 2, “Cleanse & Restore”, cleansing your body of toxins can greatly improve your overall health.
- If you haven’t already, consider cleansing the body with the 30-Day Cleanse. It is recommended that a cleanse should be done 3-4 times a year. However, the Lifelong Vitality supplements, Zendocrine, TerraZyme, and PB Assist can and should be taken regularly to maintain your health.
Managing Moods and Emotions
- No matter who you are, you will experience moods and emotions, and there will be times when they manage you rather than you managing them.
- The medical or drug paradigm offers very little to help us manage moods or emotions. Moods and emotions are difficult to measure or detect sometimes, but we all know they are there and they can mean the difference between happiness and misery.
- Thankfully, essential oils are very effective at helping us manage both our moods and emotions especially when taken aromatically (or breathed in).
- Inside our noses we have odor receptors. When the essential oil odor molecules are received, signals are sent into the brain causing certain responses. (refer to diagram) 1,000 different genes allow for our body to recognize 10,000 different smells!
- Aromas trigger memory, emotions, feelings, hormone production, and other chemical processes. Aromas can also transform our mood. In this regard, aromas can be very powerful.
- A mood is a temporary state of mind or feeling.
- Our moods are a complex interplay of emotional and physical components.
- At the root of almost all physical problems is almost always an emotional issue.
- On the emotional continuum, we can go from no peace to no passion.
- On the physical continuum, we can go from very stressed to very fatigued.
If we cross these continuums we can see the different variables in this matrix.
For example, say, “When we experience no peace and we are fatigued, we may be feeling angry or impatient. Our physical body may manifest that energy with a stomach ache or headache.” … And repeat this through the rest of the matrix.
To help our body balance, we have these essential oil blends to assist. Note: Lavender Peace is called Serenity in the USA.
How to manage your emotions?
- Aromas naturally bring up memories, feelings, and emotions. Essential oils are concentrated aromas that can very powerfully affect emotions.
- dōTERRA’s Emotional Aromatherapy System is a wonderful set of oil blends to add to your tool box. These “tools” can help you manage emotions, address emotional issues, confront neglected emotions, and even heal from emotional trauma.
- Because neglected emotions, past emotional trauma, or other emotional issues can often manifest as physical ailments, having tools to manage and address these emotional root issues can conceivably prevent or alleviate physical distresses.
- These essential oil blends can help with emotional healing before the emotional issue leads to a major physical problem. Sometimes when an emotional issue has manifested into a physical ailment, complete healing will not be permanent until the emotional cause of the ailment is removed.
How do you use these Emotional Aromatherapy oils?
- Simply smell the oil as long as you need. It can be days or months. You can manage your emotions and create peace and happiness daily.
- The system is genius. Each blend is at the juncture of each of they types of plants (for example: citrus, mints, florals, spices, trees, and herbs). All of these emotions can be covered by at least two blends.