One of the quickest and most effective ways to stay healthy is to stay hydrated. This is especially important when you are trying to make some big health changes to your body such as when you embark on a detoxing program.
Many people tell me they, ‘aren’t water drinkers’. This statement just starts flashing red sirens of panic my head and heart. Add a few drops of your favorite oils and see if the water tastes nicer. I like Wild Orange, Lemon or Lime. Ginger tastes good to me.
If you don’t feel thirsty and are not in the habit of drinking a lot of water, this might mean your thirst mechanism has switched off. Make yourself drink anyways and soon your body will turn on that thirst mechanism again.
We are made up of mostly water. We can reduce a lot of symptoms of ‘health problems’ simply by hydrating our bodies! Children’s behavior improves too when we teach them to drink water regularly.
Here are some quick facts to help us all have more control over our health.1 2
- More then 1/2 your body weight is water
- Your body needs water to maintain its temperature, remove waste, lubricate joints, and improve brain functions
- You can loose a lot of water through urine, sweat, and even breathing
- Vomiting and diarrhea can also lead to rapid water loss
- Adding 1 drop of Lemon oil & Peppermint oil to water can help the body absorb water better. Reducing occasional leg cramps during sports activities.
- Signs of dehydration: dark smelly urine, dry mouth, fatigue, headaches, confusion, dizziness and light headedness
- Sip filtered water throughout the day
- Organic coconut water is super hydrating